8/24/08

New Horizons and Beyond



Portrait Drawing-wks 3 and 4


















Analytical Figure-wk3


















Head Drawing wk3 and 4













































Figure Painting week4




























A sketch at home- I decided to throw in. I will more than likely turn this into a painting.










This is a compilation of two weeks work at LAAFA. This week I bravely dove into the world of color using the limited Zorn Palette-after the artist Anders Zorn who used only Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, White and Black to create all of his colors. It proved to work well and I think I will stick with the Zorn palette for a while until I understand color really well. Again I feel as if in one weeks work I have made leaps and bounds in my understanding of the formal elements of painting. I can't help but be eager to see what epiphanies lie beyond on the horizon.

3 comments:

Stephen James. said...

Awesome work, keep on updating.

Joss said...

Fantastic. But a note of caution. Make it clear in your blog that you are an art student.. an artist coming into being..in training... Make that clear, and you immunize yourself to possible ill effects of blogging it.

Otherwise, love ya sis.

kay said...

Brianna, my dear, you are simply amazing and I love you. You are so good and I am so proud of your accomplishments, keep that free spirit alive and well........